There are many different products available on the market that will help you to remove almost any type
of stains. The ideal timing for minimizing or totally removing stains is to clean the spills
and dirt the moment the incident happens. Cleaning up may not even require you to leave your home to buy expensive types of cleaning products.
There are several ways to clean up stains simply by using products already available in your home that
you likely use on a regular basis, such as detergents, rubbing alcohol, vinegar, lemon juice, etc. Its
simply a matter of knowing how to use these common household products and the procedures involved to
clean up stains. Below, you’ll find some helpful tips on how to clean up pet stains and some other types of
common carpet stains.
Important Note: Always test your cleaning solution in an area that is out of the way before working on your stain if you are concerned that the solution might damage the carpet.
These tips are just suggestions, please use your own best judgement when tackling any problem like a stained carpet by yourself.
For your first option you can use one teaspoon of clear, household type ammonia to a half cup of
cold water. You can use this solution in a spray bottle or apply it to the carpet directly. It is
very important not to wet the carpets backing when you apply the solution. After you have applied
the solution, use paper towels to blot then allow it to dry completely.
For a second option, you can use detergent solution made of hand soap or dish soap. The combination
is one quarter of a teaspoon detergent to one quart of water. You should always make sure the soap
doesn’t contain bleach or lanolin.
The third and best option, is to use water, it can re-hydrate the stain to help with removal. Most
types of pet stains can be cleaned up by using a steam cleaner. Once you have finished, be sure
to dry the area as thoroughly as possible.
- You can purchase isopropyl rubbing alcohol at your local department or grocery store.
- You can apply it by pouring some onto a clean white towel or cloth. You can use paper
towels as well, as long as they are white.
- Blot the stain as much as possible until it is removed.
- Make sure you take care, if the stain is small, you need to blot in one direction
only so you don’t spread the stain.
Beer and wine stains
- Mix a solution with one part white vinegar and one part water.
- Apply the mixture to the stain using a spray bottle to saturate.
- You should allow the stain to sit around ten to fifteen minutes.
- Use a sponge and clean in a rubbing motion.
- Rinse the area with warm water.
- Brush the carpet pile back into the
natural direction it has.
- By using layers of white paper towels, place paper towels on top of the area, then something
with weight on the paper towels. Allow everything time to sit like this until the area has dried.
Great content! Super high-quality! Keep it up! :)